OK. It's super-late. Like 1:20am-type-late. I'm NEVER up this late. But I had a cough attack in bed. The kind where you sit up and can't stop coughing and you wake your husband up with all your hacking. And then he rolls over in a sleepy haze and he's clearly a little irritated and asks you what's going on and you say matter-of-factly, but kind of snotty-like "I'm coughing."
We're both sick. I'm getting over it, but Gumshoe is in the thick of it. Luckily, LG hasn't gotten it. But in the midst of our sickness, we've become addicted to Thera Flu. Have you tried this stuff? AMAZING! (Thank you mama Gumshoe for introducing us to it) And if you add honey to it. Ugh! Too good. It just instantly makes you feel better and the nighttime stuff knocks you out! So naturally, even though I feel a lot better, I have a cough attack and think...I need Thera Flu. While I'm waiting for it to kick in and knock me out...I thought I'd reflect on something I've been feeling lately...
My deep love and awe for this guy:
I've been praying lately that I would really cherish this time he and I have together because I know that it is so precious and fleeting. He's growing so fast and down the road, there will be more and I won't be able to lavish the attention on him that I can right now. I'm trying to truly savor each moment with him and watch him learn and grow. I know this sounds overkill...but I'm pretty much with him 24 hours a day and I left over the weekend just to run to the store and I missed him terribly! I mean-I was gone for about 20 minutes, and was so excited to see him when I got home! I meant for this to be a lot more heart-felt, but I'm getting drowsy...
I could go on and on about how expressive and funny he is and how sweet it is to hear him say "Sit, mama...sit!" as he pats the floor next to him, but I'm going to have to end this Thera Flu fueled love fest because it's kicking in and I have to go to sleep now.
Good Nighzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:
Post a Comment