It's the kind of pie that you don't mind eating for breakfast because it's that good. This chocolate pecan pie originated from this Paula Deen recipe, but I adapted it a bit to incorporate what we had on hand. It worked out so well that I don't think I'll ever need to try the original!
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (I used the frozen kind from WM)
- 1.5 cups chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cover bottom of pie crust with chopped pecans.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter. Add the corn syrup, sugar and chocolate chips. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture into the pie shell over the pecans and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional *45 minutes or until pie is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
*After reading many of the original recipe's reviews, the chief complaint was that the original baking time (25min) was way too short. I bumped it up to 45 minutes and eventually covered the crust with foil so it didn't brown too much and this worked perfectly for me. You may have to play around with the time based on your oven.
And our old favorite...Pink Arctic Freeze!
My mom started making this years ago and I prefer it in place of cranberry sauce. Sometimes I eat this for breakfast, too. It has fruit in it, m'kay?
Pink Arctic Freeze
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
Directions
Mix together cream cheese and mayo. Mix in pineapple, cranberry sauce and sugar. Fold in whipped cream. Pour in loaf pan and freeze at least 6 hours. Cut in slices and serve. Or just eat with a fork from the loaf pan for breakfast. Whatev.
Yum! Enjoy these goodies!


No comments:
Post a Comment