That is the question...around our house, anyway!
And Gumshoe and I are at an impasse.
I think it's time for LG's first haircut and I say "let's get the scissors!"
Gumshoe replies "nope."
And that's as far as it goes.
So I will plead my case!
I can only do the comb-over so many times, Mr. Gumshoe, before I'm finally tucking his hair behind his ears and he begins to get mistaken for a girl. And I know what's holding you back, Gumshoe.
It's those wispy baby curls...
Trust me, I get it!
But you're blinded by those charming curls. You're not seeing the bangs in his eyes...
And the "wings" behind each ear...
And finally, Gumshoe, the "behind the ear tuck". Don't be distracted by those baby curls! Focus on the girl-like strand of hair tucked behind his ear...
It's time, Mr. Gumshoe!
It's time to embrace our Little Gumshoe who is growing up and give him the haircut he so desperately needs and deserves!
It's time to release that long hair and go from baby to little boy!
It's time to give LG his dignity back...
okay...that's a bit much. But really, Gumshoe. It's time!And with this last picture, I will rest my case:
Yes...that is our son. Wearing a headband. That he put on his own head. And who can blame him, really? All that hair in his eyes.
On a sidenote...
What are you mixing up there, LG, that is making you sit so still for this impromptu photo sesh?
Mmmm! A little guacamole, veggie salsa, pears, string cheese and some Triscuits. All mixed together. I'm not sure about that.
"No really, mom!"
"Look at it!"
"Just look at it!"
"Talk to it, even!"
"I'm gonna gobble you up!"
Whatever works, buddy.
Happy Friday!
Who knows...maybe a haircut will be in our weekend plans.
1 comment:
i call for a mullet!
Post a Comment