Thursday, June 9, 2011

Success and FAIL!

I had a huge success with a whole wheat bread recipe I tried last night.  And a huge fail with some dog biscuits cheese crackers that ended up like this...


Yummm.  I know your mouth is watering right now.  They look just like Cheez Its, don't they?  A really thick, dense, beige, un-crispy and un-tasty Cheez It.  

This is my second attempt at this recipe, which actually turned out great the first time.  But I'm in search of a replacement for our beloved Goldfish, so I thought that I would make a few adjustments.  I tried to make them thinner and crispier, and turn them into a fun shape...you know...fun like a goldfish square.  And a rectangle.  And in some cases, a mangled squaretangle.  

I must find a Goldfish replacement, so next I will be trying this recipe which looks promising...

Image via
Wish me luck!  I'll be sure to try them on my very honest taste tester...my dad.  Who upon tasting my Cheez It attempt told me that it had the flavor and texture of a dog biscuit.  When my mom delicately mentioned that I had made them myself, dad tried to backtrack by offering a rebuttal to his own insult: 

"What you could have said back to me was...how do you know what a dog biscuit tastes like?  You know, because it would imply that I eat dog biscuits!" 

Yup, I got it.  That's a good one, PopPop!  :)  No need to worry, however.  My feelings were not hurt.  And next, I'll let you try my special rat poison cupcakes.  I bet you'll love them!  I kid, I kid!

Moving on...I had a great success with this 100% whole wheat bread recipe...


Only a few ingredients and 100% whole wheat, not half-wheat/half-white like a lot of recipes I've found.  Our bread machine recently broke, so this one was done by hand and in the oven and it turned out better than most of the breads I've made in the machine.  I highly recommend!  So does PopPop.  And who wouldn't take a recommendation from this guy?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...