Gumshoe surprised us and came home early today, so we decided to spend the afternoon at the amazing Children's Farmstead in our area. It's such a neat place and we've never taken LG, so we were looking forward to seeing his reaction to all the animals that up until now, he's only seen in books. For sure, we thought, he's gonna be so excited to get up close to all the farm animals! And if by "farm animals" we meant "rocks and gravel", then yes...he was very excited!
Sidenote: I am fully aware of the nerd-factor of rolled tube socks and sneakers in the summer, but whenever I get within a 150mi radius of LG with sandals in hand, he sobs...so...hmmmm?
![]() | |
| First we checked out the cows |
![]() |
| Then we moved on to the goats |
![]() | |||||||
| Next came the horses |
![]() | |||
| Then back to the goats where we were more excited about this.. (pause music at bottom of blog to hear jazzy video) |
So we moved on to the dairy barn to watch the cow get milked, but that proved to be too boring for LG. I mean, why milk a cow when there's gravel to be scooped up?
![]() |
| Half-hearted smile outside the dairy barn |
![]() |
| Followed by a downright sneer in our general direction... |
![]() |
| Topped off by his first ever stomp-out |
And as we were leaving...a small tantrum! Enjoy :)







2 comments:
Kind of hilarious! not what you expected, eh?
I love your playlist btw.
So glad you are doing all kinds of posting! The blog looks great and your pictures look great!
So, so, so funny! I love the tantrum to jazz.....I'm going to silently play jazz music in my own head from now on when my kids throw a tantrum!! It will be much kinder to my ears- thats for sure!
Post a Comment