Friday, July 22, 2011

Work It, Guuurl!

I like to work out at home...

When I workout at home, I don't have to worry about embarrassing myself in public with these old Jazzercise shoes...(they're clean and they don't make marks on my carpet, mkay?)

 Or my husband's fashionably ill-fitting basketball shorts...(they're comfortable, mkay?)



Or blinding people with my super-chiseled Casper-esque ghost legs...(porcelain skin, mkay?)


But I share my workout space with LG's playroom and sometimes the peanut gallery that consists of my husband, child and dog likes to join me.  The move is the cobra, by the way.  It's super-advanced and I wouldn't even try it if I were you...





And they like to burst my intense-focus-bubble by making comments like

"Is Jillian Michaels really a woman because she looks like a man"

or
"Look at that girl in the back...she's doing it wrong...her feet aren't even together"

 or
"That move looks like you're doing a rain dance...for crazy people"


or the ever-subtle and completely appropriate
"We're gonna practice that move later..."

Oh really, Gumshoe?  Which move would that be?  The swift back-kick-to-the-groin move?  OK.  Let's practice that one later!  I kid, I kid.

It's about this time that I survey my surroundings and wish I had gone to the gym...





But then, I don't think anyone at the gym would want to sit right next to me when I am this sweaty and nasty...



Or try to pinch my sweaty cheeks...


Or love me even when I look this ridiculous...



And the gym doesn't have these highly nutritional post-workout oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...

OK...they're not highly nutritional or good for you post-workout.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I just sabotaged all the hard work I put into kicking and crunching with Jillian Michaels the He-She.  But they're really good and you should make them this weekend.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
 

1 comment:

HannahM said...

hey friend- at least you're working out- those cookies can't get rid of all your jillian-coached-awesomeness. and i agree- she's just a teeny bit manly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...