We're finally finished with our laundry room/entryway update. And it felt like it took a lot longer than 2 months (and four days to be exact)! What started out as a quick
weekend paint job turned into a project that dragged on and on and on...'tis the story of our life (in this house).
But, it is now finished and much more organized and functional. The Gumshoe household lacks a coat closet, so we were constantly tripping over shoes, bags, coats, vacuums, dog toys, etc. So my main goal was to ensure that our laundry room, which is right off the entryway, had every inch utilized as well as possible.
Here are the entryway results:
 |
| Same table, we just painted it and added new hardware |
 |
| Gotta keep the crocs! Besides, they provide shoe storage :) |
|
|
On to the laundry room:
 |
| Extra shoe storage, a place to park the vacuum and best of all...a coat rack hand-made by my father in law! |
 |
| Another spot to hang our stick-vacs and swiffer. They used to be piled in a corner. |
 |
| A cute little corner to hang purses, backpacks, keys, etc. |
 |
| Now you see it... |
 |
| Now you don't |
And new flooring, too:
Yay!
But no rest for the weary...now we're on to the main staircase:
And what I estimate will take a week...will probably be done in another 2 months. Can you believe I actually estimated that the house would be done by Halloween? I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry! :)
5 comments:
Beautiful!! I continue to be so impressed!
jess, it looks amazing!! so bright and fresh! proud of you kids for sticking it out....that staircase looks like it will be equally as fun. kitchen cabinets next? :)
WOW ... this is amazing ... great work ... i love before and afters!
This is BEAUTIFUL! I'm totally inspired. I especially love how painting out the oak rail really made such a huge difference. Our house is oak on oak on oak and JR refuses to let me paint any of it. I'll have to show him these pictures!!
That table transformation is incredible as well. :) Great work. I hope you keep posting pictures. Oh and I gotta add you to my blog roll to make sure that I'm keeping up with you.
Beautiful! Love the color you picked, super chic :)
Post a Comment