It's one of those mornings
Where it just hits me
How unbelievably privileged I am to be this child's mother
Where all of a sudden, the moments begin passing in slow motion and I just stop and watch and soak him in
Soak in his beauty, his personality, his words and expressions...
his refusal to wear pants this morning...and it's all sweetly wonderful!
I can't hold him enough, or kiss him enough, or tell him I love him enough today.
To say these last 2 and a half years of our lives have handed us the toughest circumstances we've walked through thus far would not be an understatement. But truly, they have been the most blessed. Blessed with growth, with humility, with the tough lesson that I am not in control, with a cup that runneth over with love for this child.
Thank you, Lord, for blessing us with this precious gift of Samuel.
2 comments:
oh jess, you are such a great momma!!! and to think, you get to spread your love to another child, God is SO good!!!! thank you for being my friend. we love you guys, and love little sam. he's too precious for words :)
it still mets my heart as i picture him telling roman "gotcha!" at the park, and romes just cracking up!!! total break through for my shy child. see you sunday!!!
i hear ya. they grow too fast. before you know it- he'll be off to preschool...gulp! cherish, soak up, treasure- just like you said!
Post a Comment