Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Real Men Wear Pink

...Or sit in pink Barbie cars.  Whatever.

This child was overdue for a trim.  I had an appointment all set up for him a week ago and cancelled it after some peer pressure from Gumshoe.  "Don't cut his hair.  I like his hair.  Don't cut his hair."  Seriously, Gumshoe...it'll grow back, mkay?  After another week of growing however, I couldn't take it anymore, and I'm not into the shaggy look-so to the salon we went.

LG has never done well with the hair-cutting experience, and frankly, who can blame him?  Remember this first haircut debacle?

So I decided I'd spend the big bucks and try to make this as enjoyable as possible.  I got him all prepped by telling him he'd get to sit in a special chair and get a special treat.  He was super-excited.

But his excitement hit another level when he spotted it...the pink Barbie car.

There was no talking him out of it.  The excessively girly, excessively pink Barbie car was THE ONE!

Never mind the Lightning McQueen car sitting empty right next to him...

Nope, it's only pink for this guy.
And if you know my alpha-male, NRA card carrying husband...this is just funny!

In fact, there was another pink car a couple mirrors down that he spotted and he asked to switch to that one mid-cut.  Sorry son...one pink car is enough for today.

Seriously mom...stop with the pictures...



Just one more...SMILE!


He did opt to watch the movie "Cars" instead of "Tangled" during the cut, so I guess it all balances out in the end.

And for your troubles, LG...a mystery-flavored, brown Dum Dum!  Mmmmmm.





After the haircut, we went to visit Gumshoe at work.  Upon seeing his daddy, LG enthusiastically said
"PINK BOBBY CAW!"
That's my boy.

1 comment:

lindsey leif said...

love it. go little man go. next time, i'll meet you there with roman and we can put them both in the pink cars. {while we eat our mcdonalds cheeseburgers off to the side}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...