Friday, August 6, 2010

Safety First


We wanted to teach Little Gumshoe responsibility at an early age, so we decided to buy him a pet boa constrictor.

Just kidding.


Ironically though, he's tangled up in the recently purchased baby-proofing materials. If you see new warning labels on the Prince Lionheart Edge Guards informing you not to allow your child to wrap the roll of foam around his neck and you think to yourself "what idiot parent would let their kid do that"...now you know!

Baby proofing is hard work! Especially when you have all the red flags of a not-safe-for-baby home:
Split level home with LOTS of steps...CHECK!
Large flat screen TV placed precariously on top of TV stand with no wall mount...CHECK!
Ladder shelves leaning against the wall that are perfect for climbing...CHECK!
Stone fireplace with lots of jagged edges...CHECK!

And in all of my baby-proofing hysteria, I forgot to put away the kitchen shears I used to cut the edge guards. I did, however, secure my lead spot for the Mother of the Year award when I left the shears on the living room floor only to notice the next morning as my son rolled over them to get to a toy. Thankfully, no injuries were involved but oh, the irony!

Image via


Our next house will be a ranch-style hobbit house. No stairs and no straight edges.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...