Oh...don't look at me like that!
I mostly call you Sissy.
Your daddy likes to call you Annie.
Your daddy likes to call you Annie.
Sissy bear is a close second.
I'm sorry for the humiliation in advance, Anna.
There are other variations, too:
Sisser
Sisser Bear
Sissy Pants
Sisser Pants
Stinker Bear
Stinker Pants
You get the idea. Again...I'm sorry! I can't help myself. Just ask your brother. But you made out better than your cousin. They call her Magootz.
You are 5 months old, coming up fast on 6 months and here are a few tidbits about you...
The only way I can describe how cute you are is to tell you that every time I hold you I could just squeeze you until you pop. I mean...I really have to try not to squeeze you too hard.
You have the fattest cheekers!! So sweet.
You were lucky enough to get one of your daddy's big dimples, and it shows up when you smile.
Although, it is like pulling teeth to get you to show it off. You don't hand out smiles very easily...we definitely have to earn them! If anyone can get you to grin, though, it's your big brother.
You laugh at anything he does!
Except when he hit you with his car bucket.
On purpose. (He went to time out for that).
Your brother is clearly your favorite family member. Daddy and I are chopped liver. You don't even try to hide it or pretend that you like us all equally. You really need to work on your nonverbal cues.
Which is why your daddy and I gave you another nickname...Grumpy Cat:
| Image via |
Despite the occasional frown, you're a very easygoing baby. No matter what is going on, you'll usually sit quietly in your infant seat or be completely content in my arms while I walk around.
You go to bed at 7. If we miss the mark and get you to bed later, we pay for it. Boy, do we pay for it!
You wake up around 7, too. You're a great sleeper.
We've already had one trip to urgent care with you.
First one ever for us. You wouldn't eat for 14 hours straight after your 4 month vaccinations. STINKER! Turns out, you just weren't hungry.
That was a $500 hunger strike and it's coming out of your allowance in the future.
You heard right!
First one ever for us. You wouldn't eat for 14 hours straight after your 4 month vaccinations. STINKER! Turns out, you just weren't hungry.
That was a $500 hunger strike and it's coming out of your allowance in the future.
You heard right!
It was a consolation when the doctors and nurses said that you were the cutest baby they'd seen all day :)
You love to roll over onto your tummy, but then you cry because you realize you don't know how to roll back over to your back. So we roll you back over. Then you immediately go back to your tummy and cry. Daddy thinks you're already acting like an irrational female ;)
You have one freckle. It's on your knee. I love it!
You have one freckle. It's on your knee. I love it!
You refuse to take a bottle. I can't say that I mind all that much.
But you are still a stinker!
You love to blow raspberries. We joke that you always do it in the wrong context, though. You do it in the middle of trying to be really mad, like you're trying to prove a point. Instead, it just makes us laugh and want to squeeze you, which makes you madder and forces you to blow more raspberries to get your point across. It's a vicious cycle.
But you are still a stinker!
You love to blow raspberries. We joke that you always do it in the wrong context, though. You do it in the middle of trying to be really mad, like you're trying to prove a point. Instead, it just makes us laugh and want to squeeze you, which makes you madder and forces you to blow more raspberries to get your point across. It's a vicious cycle.
Daddy gave you your very first taste of table food the other day. It was whipped cream from the Cheesecake Factory. Nice. Clearly, you have him wrapped around your finger.
You have barely started to laugh out loud. The only person who can get you to do it is...you guessed it...your big brother. He pretends to fall on the ground and you crack up.
I never thought I could love a baby girl as much as I love you.
I never could have imagined it.














No comments:
Post a Comment